Some flaws, signs of wear and tear
You are bidding on a
mixed lot of old votive offerings,
made from a mixture of tin, other materials, or even other silver-plated metals (hard-wearing finish).
1. Angel with child, height: 9.8 cm, matte silver plating
2. St. George heart, height: 5.3 cm, silver-plated tin
3. St. Anthony with child heart, height: 5.3 cm, silver-plated tin
4. Double heart, 6.5 cm x 5.5 cm, silver-plated metal, light scratches
5. Boy, height: 5.8 cm, tin, I’m not sure if it was silver plated in the past.
6. Baby in swaddling clothes, 20 cm, silver-plated tin, beautiful piece, I do not see any mistakes on this piece.
7. Horse, length: 14 cm, silver-plated matte metal, gpm on the back
8. Double heart, 12 x 14 cm, silver plated, two dents on the left, otherwise a beautiful heart
9. Heart with rays, 12 cm, it was likely never to have been silver plated, a bit matte
10. Rooster, 8.5 cm, silver plated, very beautiful, I do not see any mistakes on this piece.
11. Donkey, length: 9.5 cm, silver plating is rubbed off.
12. Heart, 9 cm, silver-plated tin, small defect in the middle, it looks like a crack in the silver.
There are a number of minor irregularities; the front has been re-silver-plated on occasion (matte), possible loss of silver.
The back side is often matte, rough.
These items are between 3 and 30 years old.
Votive offerings are a token of gratitude, an expression of thanksgiving for salvation in an hour of need, brought to a sacred place in accordance with a solemnly declared pledge (‘ex voto’). The cause for the vow could be catastrophes, illness, floods, accidents or wars. Even prehistoric man and people in ancient times were familiar with this practice and brought votive offerings to sacred places. Votive offerings and votive pictures (paintings or reverse-glass paintings that depict saints or scenes from life) have existed for a long time in Christianity. The old votive offerings, made of metal, silver, gold, brass, copper or silver-plated tin, were often richly decorated with stones and grandiose details (depending on the giver’s wealth) and were made before 1900. They are still traditional today.
|Puntuación de valoraciones:||100.0|
|Miembro desde:||8 julio 2015|
Atención: Algunos elementos de esta página se han traducido automáticamente.I had to give you my appreciation for you, when I opened the package I was impressed by the care he had. The artwork is really beautiful, even more than the pictures, even though they were very detail
El,lote corresponde a lo expuesto y el envío magnífico recomendable 100%
Atención: Algunos elementos de esta página se han traducido automáticamente.The napkin rings were fine. However the advert suggested there were knife rests also included in the auction, which apparently meant a differing sale on the same day which wasn't clear.
El vendedor enviará el objeto u objetos en un plazo de 3 días laborables tras recibir la confirmación del pago.
Los gastos de envío son solamente para destinos continentales.
Gastos de envío
|Resto de Europa||€30,00|
|Cualquier otro lugar||€54,00|
Si ganas más de un lote del mismo vendedor en la misma subasta, sólo tienes que pagar los gastos de envío una vez. En este caso, sólo pagas los gastos de envío más caros.
¿Tienes preguntas sobre este lote?